Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Birthday post in which there are a lot of pictures

Today is my littlest man's 2nd birthday. I can't believe how fast time has flown with him!! In my mind, I think he should still look like this...
It amazes me how much a child changes in just the first couple years of life. Look at him now - so full of personality. I say, "Smile!" and these are the expressions I'm given. Such a goof.
 
Aidan had a long weekend because of fair day and teacher inservice, so we took advantage and drove down to Katy on Friday to visit my sister. We also had Quinn's birthday party on Sunday while we were there. It's was Blues Clues themed, of course.  


 I spent all last weekend painting and creating the Blues Clues characters - Tickety Tock, Mailbox, Mr. Salt, Mrs. Pepper, Shovel, and Pail (I am well aware that Pail is supposed to be red, but I was lucky to find a pink pail in October. Luckily, no one but me seems to notice this fact. It drives my perfectionist personality a little crazy though.) For lunch I served peanut butter sandwiches shaped as bones, dogs, and paw prints; puppy chow; paw print cookies; and Scobby Doo bone shaped graham crackers. (Strawberries were thrown on the plates at the last minute.) And finally, a chocolate Blue cake, of course!

But, before we ate, we had to figure out Blues Clues!

 Everyone received their own Handy Dandy Notebook and crayon.

 Jude is holding the first clue in his hand - a candle - while Quinn is drawing in his notebook.

 Aidan's clue

 Greyson and Luke found clue #2 - icing
 
 Quinn found clue #3 - cake mix
 
 Now on to the thinking chair to "Think, think, think." Birthday cake! We figured out Blues Clues!

Then we played "Pin the Party Hat on Blue." Greyson did amazing and stuck that hat right on top of Blues head!

 Lunch and cake time!
 
 "Present time, present time. Open the presents to see what's inside!"

The first gift was a book, which Quinn took over to Grammy, and one by one each boy came over to listen to the story.

 I made Quinn a Quiet Book for his gift. I'm rather proud of it. I'll have to do a post on it later.

 Happy Birthday, Love Bug!!
 
 
   Monday, we went to the mall for lunch before heading back to Dallas. I snapped these pictures of the 3 big boys and just love them. They adore one another. I wish we lived closer to them, but I am ever so thankful for the year we had together!


 After lunch, we let them ride the carousel. Aidan loved it.

 So did Luke and Greyson. They rode in this cup and spun around in circles during the ride.

Quinn, not so much. He kept pointing the horses out to Grammy during lunch and while we were purchasing tokens, he was trying to run onto the ride, so it really surprised me that he was this scared.

 Jude also wanted nothing to do with the horses, so Grammy just sat on a bench with him.

Quinn and I joined them after it became apparent the horse wasn't happening. He calmed down once he realized we were on a solid seat.

After this ride, we hit the parking lot and headed towards the highway for a 5 hour drive home.

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Hard to believe he is two already.
Looks like a fun party!