Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Legacy

Last night, I gave my testimony in front of 200+ women at an event at our church. The purpose of the night was about leaving a legacy, so I spoke about Levi's death and becoming a foster mom. There were 5 other women that also spoke about different events in their lives. While I've spoken about Levi to a lot of people a lot of times, I never thought I'd be able to do it in front of a large group - or even that my life was significant enough to be asked to speak. I was nervous and I wanted to back out. But I did it. And the crazy thing is, as I stood on stage speaking, I felt my fears evaporate. I stood and I spoke, and my body didn't shake like it did in rehearsal. I told my story. I shared how God has begun to mend my broken heart and has used it to give me compassion for the orphans. I shared about Little Lady and how she left us last Thursday to go live with her aunt, uncle, and brother - she was reunified with her family, which is the ultimate goal of foster care. I shared how this has become our ministry and how we are able to use our loss to help children cope with their loss. God took my fear of public speaking from me in that moment and gave me the words to say. I thank my God for leading me out of my grief and giving me the opportunity to share how much of an impact Levi's precious, short life has made on my life and others.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amy, this is so awesome! God is using your sweet Levi. Just think of how many children's lives will be better because of him, and how many others will be encouraged by your story!