Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Room

 Throughout my pregnancy with Quinn, I was a bit secretive about the nursery and really only let the people who helped me put it together see the room. This is in part due to my fear of losing another baby, and thinking if I didn't share the baby stuff with other people, then maybe it wouldn't hurt so much if I did lose him. This is the same reason I didn't share his name with too many people either. In fact, I never once referred to him as Quinn while I was pregnant. It was always "the baby." And it bothered me when other people called him Quinn, which resulted in my decision to stop telling people his name. In fact, I almost changed his name once when my mom referred to him as Quinn in an email. I just wasn't ready to think of him that way and needed some way to separate myself from my fear.

Anyway, I love the way Quinn's nursery turned out. The novelty of it comes from the fact that the majority of the room was done by either myself or people I love. The only store bought items are the little decorating touches. I decided to go with a colorful garden theme. Throughout the room, you'll find dragonflies, caterpillars, snails, owls, turtles, wheelbarrows, and wagons. My mom made the caterpillar quilt and bumper pad. I made the sheets and curtains. Josh painted the tree and Quinn's name over his crib. My friend Susan helped me repaint the dresser from a brown to a distressed yellow. The rocking chair is one that my parents bought when I was a baby that I removed the orange cushions from and covered new cushions in a coordinating fabric.




3 comments:

Fireflyforever said...

It's gorgeous Amy

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It is adorable and how sweet to have so many people to help you make it perfect.

Amanda said...

That tree is awesome! Did Josh hand paint that? It's so cool looking, great job. The quilt is pretty also. Can't wait to meet Quinn!