I have had several people ask how Aidan is handling the new baby, so I thought I'd share that he is in love with his baby brother. Daily, he drags either a chair or his step stool into Quinn's room to watch him sleep in his crib. If Quinn is in my arms or laying on his blanket on the floor, Aidan lays next to him and "pets" his head. (He will literally ask if he can pet Quinn.) He wants to hold him all the time, and tries to comfort him by telling him, "It's okay, Quinn," over and over every time he cries. On Monday, while Quinn was crying, Aidan told me, "Quinn is sad because he misses Grammy." To which I replied, "Oh, he misses his Grammy?" Aidan then said, "No. Quinn misses MY Grammy," then turned to Quinn and said, "It's okay, Quinn. Grammy will be back."
Here's a few pictures of my boys together.
|
| Aidan meeting Quinn for the first time in the hospital. |
 |
| Loving my boys. |
 |
| Spending time together during one of Quinn's few awake moments. |
 |
| Sneak peek of Quinn's newborn pictures. |
.JPG) |
| My mornings. |
Now, don't get me wrong, while Aidan is not jealous of Quinn per say, he is somewhat jealous of time spent with Quinn. He's been an only child for almost 4 years now, and suddenly he has to share his mommy with not only a new person, but a newborn that requires a lot of attention. Aidan likes to be in my lap while I am nursing or rocking Quinn to sleep. The moment I lay Quinn down for a nap, Aidan asks me to color or read or play games. It even happens with other people. We've had friends from church bringing us dinner, and when they come over, Aidan wants them to talk to him and to show them all his toys and then doesn't want them to leave. My mom informed me that he told her to get off the phone and come sit down and talk to him the other day. This is just a phase that will pass and he (and Josh and I) will adjust to a new little one in our home. Regardless of the sleepless nights and adjustments to time management, we're all in love with the newest addition to our little family, and I thank God daily for allowing us the opportunity to raise Quinn here on earth with us.
5 comments:
Those photos are just precious!
Congrats on winning *for your tears*..that is awesome!
"Can I pet Quinn?" That's hilarious! :)
Quinn is blessed to have a big brother who adores him. Love the pictures, especially the one with you and the boys.
Gorgeous pictures of your beautiful boys.
Post a Comment