Monday, January 26, 2009

Still growing

Last night, Aidan took a big step towards becoming more of a little boy rather than my baby boy. When I asked him if he was ready to go night-night, he decided to lay down on the twin bunk beds we have set up in his room. Usually when he does this, he covers himself with the blanket, says "nigh-nigh" and then gets up a few minutes later, so that's what I expected as I walked out of his room. Not this time though. 30 minutes later, Josh and I still hadn't heard a sound from him. I decided to check on him (which turned into a bit of a mistake later). He wasn't asleep, but was still laying in the same spot, sucking his thumb. I quickly closed the door, and of course, a few minutes later he was up because he saw me, but he went right back to the twin bed and let me tuck him in again. He fell asleep and I was so proud of my big boy that I took a picture of his first night in his big boy bed. Josh said I was testing fate by doing this, but it didn't wake him up. He did wake up at midnight and come into our room though. Josh put him back to bed in his crib, but he made it 5 hours in his big boy bed on the first night, and I consider that a huge success. As proud as I am, it makes me a bit sad too. He's growing up so fast, and wearing diapers seems to be one of the last "baby things" he's still doing.

No comments: