Saturday, January 17, 2009

Birthday Party

Aidan doesn't officially turn 2 for another 2 days, but we had a little celebration today. We invited our family and friends over to throw Aidan a little birthday party. Aidan loves to make animal noises, so we choose the theme of "Monkeys" and he's been "ooo-oooing" all day long.

Josh and my proud accomplishments. I baked this monkey cake from scratch and Josh drew, painted, and cut out the bean bag toss (I made the bean bags).

Lots of friends came to play.


We even had monkey masks!











Mommy makes a good cake!










Aidan is in love with this chainsaw. One of his very best friends gave it to him. She's a great friend to have!




Overall, the party was a huge success. Aidan loved having all his friends over. He was especially happy when cousins Luke and Greyson showed up at the door. He started jumping up and down and yelling. He loves his cousins. As much fun as this was, I think next year I'll rent out a room and let someone else do all the work. :)

3 comments:

ThinkingPrincess said...

The cake looks great! I recently checked out a book on themed cakes for kids and plan to attempt a princess castle for the girls' birthday in May. We'll see...

Happy 2nd birthday, Mr. Aiden (well, in two days, anyway!)

ThinkingPrincess said...

Oops! Sorry for the misspelling. That should have been:

Happy Birthday, Mr. Aidan!

The Dubs said...

I'm very impressed with your cake-making skills!! Looks like I'll be turning to you for mommy advice!! :0)