Tuesday, May 3, 2011

First Haircut and First Tooth

I didn't do a 7 month post, but Quinn turned 7 months old just yesterday. This first year just seems to be flying by, and with that comes a few firsts. I had a hard time cutting Aidan's hair for the first time, but at 9 months old, my mom and sister handed me a pair of scissors and made me trim it. Now that I look back at pictures, I can see why. He had lost a lot of his hair on the back of his head, but kept everything on top, so it did look a bit ridiculous. Well, his baby brother is following in his footsteps when it comes to hair growth. Josh often refers to Quinn's hair as the "reverse male pattern balding." It's quite sad actually, and I try to hide it by never ever taking pictures of the back of his head. Some hairs are beginning to grow back on the backside, and they appear to be a bit on the blonde side, so we shall see. But last week, I decided it couldn't continue, and needed some help, so today was the day to take care of it all
.
Quinn's unruly hair this morning

If you look closely (or enlarge the picture by clicking on it), you can see Quinn's first tooth down on his bottom gum. It popped up on Easter morning, but it's just now grown enough to see in a picture.

Mr. Steve giving Quinn his first haircut

What's going on?

Big brother hanging out. He's been going to Mr. Steve since he was 11 months old, so he's an old pro.

Doing good

Curly - Q

Mohawk

Almost done

End result
Quinney-Poo, you're growing up way too fast for Mommy's liking.

2 comments:

drclaw101 said...

so cute! ethan has two teeth and unruly hair, but i don't want to cut it just yet....i've grown attached to it. quinn is just a doll!

drclaw101 said...

this is katy by the way, using eric's email. i'm not or never will be dr. claw! yikes!