Considering the 80 degree weather we have here today on December 21st, I pulled these darling overalls out of Quinn's closet. I wasn't sure if he'd ever get to wear them considering the size does not exactly coincide with the season. You see, these overalls were originally bought by my mom while I was expecting Levi, and Levi was due in May while Quinn was born in October. Spring/Summer vs. Fall/Winter.
Quinn looks absolutely precious in these overalls, but I admit, I dressed him with a bit of sadness today. I told him all about his big brother as I put his arms through the sleeves. I told Quinn how Levi was supposed to wear these clothes, but never got the chance. I told him it saddens me that he'll never know Levi as anything more than a name and a picture that goes with a heartbreaking story.
Quinn loves to gaze at the Christmas tree lights. As he sat there today in his brother's clothes, I was once again reminded that this time of the year is missing something. Without Levi, my family isn't complete and Christmas has always been a "get the whole family together and celebrate" holiday. While I know Levi isn't missing this because he is in such a better place, we sure are missing him.
I'm missing the babe I never rocked.
I'm missing the hand I never held.
I'm missing the smile I never saw.
I'm missing the little boy that never wore his overalls.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you have Quinn, but I definitely understand about missing Levi. I'm about to give birth to my rainbow, and while I"m so happy, so thrilled, so excited, and so many other things, it doesn't even take the edge off of how much I miss my Madelyn.
(((hugs)))
Post a Comment