Have I mentioned before that Aidan absolutely adores his baby brother? He's constantly telling me when Quinn is upset or when he needs his pacifier (p.s. Don't ever call it a paci in front of Aidan. He will correct you and tell you that it is a PACIFIER, not a paci.) If Quinn is sitting in his bouncer and starts to fuss, Aidan will walk over to Quinn and start talking to him. Half the time, he can get Quinn to stop crying while he stares intently at his big brother. Aidan doesn't love that Quinn isn't old enough to play yet, however. At least once a week, usually more, I am asked if Quinn is bigger yet. Another month or two and he can dangle toys above Quinn's head for Quinn to bat at. I know that's not quite what he has in mind for playing, but it'll have to do for now. Quinn has started his baby babbling, and I receive an update every time Quinn makes a noise. "Did you hear that funny noise, Mommy?" "Quinn just talked, Mommy. Did you hear him?" The other day, I caught Aidan telling Quinn about his day at school. It was so sweet. My heart melts each time I witness the love Aidan has for Quinn. God has certainly blessed me with these two boys, and I am so honored to have the opportunity to raise them into young men who know how to love, and who teach me how to love daily.
I only wish Levi were included in these precious moments. I long for the day when I can hold all of my children in my arms at the gates of heaven.
1 comment:
I wish Levi were included in your family moments as well. I know it's always in the back of our minds...
Post a Comment