Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Time - so far

The Christmas holidays have always been my favorite time of the year. I love getting down all the decorations and spreading Christmas throughout my home. I love adding to my collection each and every year. However, last Christmas and now this Christmas are hard. Last year, the only reason I decorated my house and even celebrated was for Aidan's sake. This year, while it's a bit easier, it still hurts. The only thing I've added to my decor is Quinn's stocking. Josh looked at the stockings I've made and requested that I make one for Levi. I don't know that I can. I don't want to be sad every time I look at my mantle. I cried as I pulled Levi's ornaments from last year out of their boxes. While, I treasure them, I'm saddened each time I look at them. He will never be here to place his ornaments upon our Christmas tree. I need to get Aidan an ornament for this year. Years from now, I don't want him asking why he doesn't have a 2010 ornament, and my only reply to be, "because it was too hard to shop for them."

 Josh and I went to our Life Group's Christmas party the first weekend in December. I didn't want to go last year and I didn't want to go this year as I have a hard time being social this time of the year, but I did both times because people made me, and had a good time both years.

 This is a picture of Aidan telling Santa about the toys he wants for Christmas. It's so fun to see the belief in his eyes. He adores Santa. Of course, we emphasize the real meaning of Christmas with Aidan, but it's fun to let him believe in Santa for just a few short years.

 On Sunday, I asked Josh to give Quinn a bath before church. When I walked to the living room, I found this. Josh hadn't bothered to comb the poor kid's hair and it dried sticking straight up in the air. Many, many people commented on the quantity of his hair at church that morning. While the quantity hasn't changed since birth, I suppose it's more obvious when it's standing upright. Also, notice his adorable reindeer sweater outfit. This was a gift from my dear friend, Jennifer, and I love it!

 And the hair a day later. It still hadn't calmed down much. At least you can get away with this while you're an adorable baby.
Yesterday, Aidan had a Christmas concert at his preschool. This is all the 3 year olds. He is on the back row, 4th from the left. It was really cute. They sang "Come On Ring Those Bells", "Happy Birthday, Jesus", "Clippity Clop", and "Twinkle, Twinkle Shining Star". We also listened to the 4 year old and Kindergarten classes. The concert was followed by a cake and punch reception.

No comments: