I began about 2 weeks ago by having Josh help me sand down this piece of furniture. This particular dresser was my own from elementary school through college. When Josh and I got married, I brought it with me and used it as a storage piece for my scrapbooks. When we moved into our current house, it was placed in the garage and Josh has used it to store random items for the past 4 years. I decided to repurpose it as the baby's dresser.
Yesterday, Susan came over and helped me repaint the dresser. She's awesome at refinishing and giving furniture a distressed look, so I'm super excited to now have this lovely piece.
Like I've stated before, my mom and I are making all the nursery bedding. I'm really excited about this as it means little boy will have a one-of-a-kind nursery. Last weekend, as I was at my mom's house looking for fabric for a completely unrelated project, Mom found 2 yards of fabric that I had actually bought to make crib sheets for Aidan. I never got around to making them for Aidan because he came early, so Mom said she would make them, but obviously, she never did either.
Speaking of the fabric, here's a small sampling of it in the curtains I made this week. They are not completely done yet as I still need to put buttons on the bottom of the tabs holding the valance on the rod, which are currently being held in place by safety pins. I'm waiting for buttons to go on sale later this week.
Have I ever mentioned how artistically talented my husband is? If not, I'm stating it now. The nursery is going to be a garden theme of sorts - snails, turtles, owls, and caterpillars (the quilt Mom is making has the caterpillar). As I was trying to decide what to do with the walls, I ran across a picture of a tree online that I really liked. This is not your ordinary nursery tree. This is more colorful and stylized, and I loved it. I showed it to Josh and asked if he could duplicate it. He immediately began sketching it out, and then proceeded to paint it on the wall.
I just love it!

4 comments:
Ok. dresser is just amazing!!! LOVE IT! THE WALL!! ALSO AMAZING!!!! so so great! makes me want to redo my nursery. but won't. ;) wow. you are nesting!
so happy for you!!!
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!
Everything looks great Amy!!
I absolutely love the dresser and the tree, and everything! It's just lovely!
I just finished reading Levi's story - you shared it so beautifully. He is, indeed, a beautiful angel. Just beautiful.
Post a Comment