Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Celebrating Levi

Yesterday, we remembered and celebrated the life Levi lived. Each year at this time, I am reminded of the amazing people that have been placed in my life. So many of them make it a point to let Josh and me know that they haven't forgotten. Thank you. As Josh wrote yesterday, your remembrance lessens our pain.

Josh took a half day at work, so once he was home, Aidan, Josh, and I wrote notes to Levi and tied them to balloons. Then we all went out to the cemetery to release them.






We then went to Babe's for dinner. This is a rare treat for us. We love Babe's, but it's a bit on the pricey side, so we hardly ever go. But it was a special occasion, and I'll say it was enjoyed by all! After dinner, we came home and had a birthday cake for Levi. Aidan wanted to put candles on the cake and sing "Happy Birthday" so we did.



The cake was enjoyed by all, as well. :)



I'm glad we made the decision to celebrate. It made the day easier and will give us something to look forward to in the years to come.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I like the balloons and birthday cake. It looks like a great way to remember.

Fireflyforever said...

What a special way to remember a very special boy. Wishing you gentle days.