Friday, March 23, 2012

Birthday Boy

This past Wednesday was Josh's birthday. We've had an extremely busy week, and haven't had very many evenings home, so we had a quick celebration at dinner time before we ran out the door for church. Josh had requested meatloaf for dinner and an apple pie for dessert. I obliged. However, while I was at the store gathering all the ingredients, Aidan declared that you can't have a birthday without a cake. I tried to reason with him saying we were having a birthday pie instead, but no, birthday pies don't exist and he wasn't going to eat any pie, just birthday cake. Therefore, Josh also received a birthday cake. Aidan wanted it to be a Batman cake. Since this request was made the day of Josh's birthday and not weeks in advance, I didn't have time to do research on the making of a Batman shaped cake, so we compromised with Batman toys stuck on top. :)

 Happy Birthday, Babe. I love you!

 Aidan helped blow out the candles.

 Quinn enjoyed the icing.

 Josh asked him to share.

And he did. :)

No comments: