Sunday, July 17, 2011

Updates

I've been told by my mom and sister it's been way too long since my last blog post, so here I am posting, but in all honesty, I just haven't had much to say lately. I don't have much to say today either, for that matter.

Last week Josh went on a mission trip to the Rio Grande Valley with a few high schoolers from our church. I stayed home with the boys. Aidan gave me an extremely difficult time the first day Josh was gone. So many tantrums that I just didn't know what to do with him. He was not my child that day. I ended the day in tears on the phone with Josh because I didn't think I could handle any more days like that by myself. Luckily, after talking and praying with Aidan the next morning about his attitude, he completely changed his tune. I had my Aidan back for the rest of the week, and we survived without Daddy.

Quinn started pulling up while Josh was gone, too. This picture was taken the first morning he stood, and you can just see how proud he is of himself in that little face of his. He is now crawling and standing all over the place. The first couple of days he didn't know how to get  back down once he stood up, so I'd find him stuck in a standing position all over the house. Even on the bathtub a couple of times. We now close the bathroom door at all times. Now he pushes himself backwards while stucking his bottom out, so he just plops down into a sitting position and crawls away. I love watching him cruise around. Although, sometimes I do wish we could go back to the staying in one spot stage so that Mommy always knows where he is. I had one scare in which I couldn't find him in any of his normal spots. I didn't know what he could be getting in to. I started calling his name and he answered me. He was in my bathroom. He managed the leave the living room, crawl down the length of the hallway, go into my room, crawl past my bed, and into my bathroom before I realized he was gone. Again, we now keep the bathroom doors closed.

This past Monday was my birthday. My last one ever. I refuse to turn 30. Yes, Josh missed my birthday, but I gave him permission. My mom threw me a little birthday party. Really, it was more for Luke, Greyson, and Aidan, but we'll claim it was my party. Luke and Greyson were oddly very excited about my birthday, so we were afraid they would be vastly disappointed by the lack of balloons and party favors at my birthday dinner. Therefore, Mom bought a Bingo game and prizes for the boys and then sent Dad to the store to buy me balloons. Mom made lasagna and blueberry cobbler, and Dad picked up my favorite garlic rolls from A Taste of Italy. Yum, yum. I would share some pictures here, but they're all on my dad's camera. I keep meaning to ask for copies, but then never remember to do so when I actually see anyone that has access to them.

Tuesday, as another birthday celebration, my mother in law came over and kept the boys for me so I could run some errands. I loved having the time to go grocery shopping by myself. :) She then took me and the boys out for dinner and frozen yogurt.

And presenting my wonderful birthday gift:
I have been wanting one of these for years! Especially every year around January 19th when I'm creating some type of monstrosity of a cake for my beloved son's birthday parties. I have asked for one for the past two Christmases, only to be turned down. This past year, I even asked for any standing mixer available, but after reading reviews, my parents decided that only a Kitchen Aide would do, however, they weren't buying it. Boo. Sooo, I got smart and told everyone to just give me cash towards one, and with the combined gifts from my parents, Josh's parents, and Megan & Jonathan, I finally received my mixer yesterday. :) I'm a happy girl. Now, what to make first....