Saturday, June 11, 2011

Swim Lessons

This past week, Aidan has taken part in an hour's worth of swim lessons every day. The swim instructors claimed that the kids would be swimming across the pool by the end of the week. While I was skeptical of this, I was very impressed with all that they did each day. Aidan is a child that I have never worried about possible drowning because he won't go anywhere near water in which he can't touch the bottom. If you are with him in an area like that, he clings to you like a baby monkey to its mama. However, with Quinn to watch out for at the pool this summer as well as Aidan, I just felt better with him having a bit of swimming instruction under his belt. He did not manage to swim the length of the pool on his own, but he can swim. The problem comes with him wanting to swim. He's still very comfortable where his feet touch the ground. With season passes to the local water park and plenty of friends with pools, we spend the majority of our summer days in the water, so I will continue to practice his swimming with him throughout the course of the summer. Especially now that I've almost completed my waterproof baby sling. I'll have to show that off later. For now, here's some pictures and videos from Mr. Aidan learning to swim.
First time to jump in without a floatation device around his middle.

Boogie board across the pool.

Back float.

Swimming underwater while holding the instructor's hands.

Swimming across while holding one hand.

No comments: