Summer has hit and has caused life to take off with it. It's amazing to me how busy one's life can become in a blink of an eye. Memorial day weekend, my sister and her family moved back to Dallas, (Yay!!!!) so time was spent helping them unpack into my parents' house. It's only for a year, but we are going to enjoy the only year we'll have together in the same city for some time.
Last week, Aidan and I enjoyed the first week of summer by spending just about every single morning at the pool. Quinn came along, too, of course. We're going to have to figure something out about our normal pool schedule because it's falling right in the middle of Q's naptime, so I've been carrying around a sleeping baby while trying to keep up with a busy 4 year old. I did manage to make a ring sling out of mesh that I am hoping will be waterproof enough to not weigh down in the pool. After the pool, we'd come home for naps, I'd cook dinner, and then Aidan and I were off to swim lessons.
As shown in the previous post, Quinn is also becoming more and more mobile. While he's not yet up on all fours crawling, he can manage to scoot himself around the room quite proficiently. I am now running around all the rooms making sure no cords, shoes, papers, or small toys are laying on the floor as those would of course be his favorite things to find and chew on. So far, he pretty much just stays in the living room, although I did set him in his bedroom with toys the other morning while I was getting dressed only to find him the hallway on his way to my bedroom. It's only a matter of time before that kid is off and running, and I'm not sure I'm ready for it yet.
Aidan is spending this week at VBS with a friend from preschool. He's been loving it, and for that I'm so glad. He comes home and tells me all about going to Mary's house and learning about her son Jesus. He's such a little sponge. He's also enjoying his playtime with Caden.
While Aidan is gone, I try to spend the time getting the house cleaned up and start a packing list for Sea World because we are off to San Antonio on Sunday. Aidan is SO stinking excited about this trip, and I'm excited just to witness it all through his eyes. BUT, preparing to go with not only Aidan, but Quinn as well means we have a TON of stuff to pack and prepare for. Aidan is good with a few changes of clothes, bathing suit, and sunscreen. Quinn, however, requires so much more. I'm not going to have my kitchen to make baby food, so I need to get some jars, I have to remember the stroller, the pack n play, hat, cool clothes, baby sunscreen, baby spoons, toys, diapers, wipes, and the list goes on and on. Needless to say, I haven't yet accomplished my goal of getting close to ready to go.
Maybe once we return from vacation, we can begin enjoying a lazy summer...
2 comments:
so why is is that every time i visit your blog lately it looks more and more like mine?
Oh I completely understand - time is getting away from me lately, and I can't keep up!!! And our babies are growing too fast - yay for almost crawling!!! Liam is trying to move, but not quite there yet. :)
Post a Comment