Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy Birthday, Josh!

On Friday, the weather was nice enough for Aidan and I to spend the day in the backyard drawing with sidewalk chalk. On Saturday, it was rainy and cold. Today, we woke up to this: Yep, snow on the 2nd day of Spring in Texas of all places. Snow for the 4th time this winter.


I will go ahead and say that I'm tired of the snow, and I'm really glad that we don't live in a place that snows all the time. I'm ready for flowers and sunshine. However, Aidan LOVES the snow. He's been talking about wanting to play in the snow again since the last time it snowed, and I told him we would have to wait a long time. Apparently, I was wrong. Josh and I took him outside to play because chances are, he's never going to get to play in snow like this again.
At least Josh was home this time to enjoy it with us. Today is also Josh's 29th birthday. Happy white birthday, Josh. I bet you'll never see this again.Josh insisted on using a Kung Fu move on the snowman's head.

Josh is not a cake person. He prefers brownies and apple pies to cake. So, because it's his birthday, I made my first apple pie today.
We received this handy apple peeler, slicer, and corer as a wedding gift, and I've only used it a handful of times, but every time I do, I'm so grateful that I own this little contraption. It makes what would be a long job super duper easy!

See - 5 minutes later, I have 8 apples sliced, cored, and peeled. Easy peasy.

The finished product.


Complete with a birthday song and candles. And of course, a 3 year old who can't pass up the chance to help blow out birthday candles.

My parents came over for dinner and gave Josh Band Hero for his birthday. He was pleasantly surprised, and has now spent the entire evening playing the game. I joined in for a bit, but I'm all guitar played out at this point.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok. if we have anything else in common I am going to assume we are about the same person! ;) My husband turned 34 yesterday, so that's a bit different. ;) Hope you guys had a great day!!!! We sure did!

Susan said...

You are so impressive... what a great looking pie!!!

Lauren said...

Your pie looks so yummy! I made apple pie once and it apparently didn't have enough sugar because no one ate it. :)