I lost my child
today.
People came to
weep and cry,
As I just sat and stared, dry eyed.
As I just sat and stared, dry eyed.
They struggled to
find words to say,
To try and make
the pain go away,
I walked the floor
in disbelief,
I lost my child
today.
I lost my child
last month.
Most of the people
went away,
Some still call
and some still stay.
I wait to wake up
from this dream.
This can't be
real. I want to scream.
Yet everything is
locked inside,
God, help me, I
want to die.
I lost my child
last month.
I lost my child
last year.
Now people who had
come, have gone.
I sit and struggle
all day long.
To bear the pain
so deep inside.
And now my friends
just question, Why?
Why does this
mother not move on?
Just sits and
sings the same old song.
Good heavens, it
has been so long.
I lost my child
last year.
Time has not moved
on for me.
The numbness it
has disappeared.
My eyes have now
cried many tears.
I see the look
upon your face,
"She must
move on and leave this place."
Yet I am trapped
right here in time,
The songs the
same, as is the rhyme,
I lost my
child......Today.
~Netta Wilson
3 comments:
Wow. I have no words. Thank you for sharing.
Amy, I am so sorry for the loss of Levy. You are not my daughter, but my heart aches for you. I love you! Patti
Very touching and oh so sad....
((HUGS))
Post a Comment