We celebrated his birthday that day with a pirate themed birthday party. Friends from church and school along with Grammy, Papa, Grandma, Grandpa, Uncy B, Aunt Holli, Lydia, Aunt Kat, and Behr came to party with him. Sadly, this was the first year that Uncle Jon Jon, Aunt Megan, and the crew couldn't make it in town due to work conflicts. We'll see them soon though! I had so much fun planning this party!
The invitation
The set up
When my brother was a kid, he loved pirates and Legos so much that my parents bought him the giant Lego pirate ship for Christmas one year. It is still together and has been sitting at my parents house for 15 years or so, so I borrowed it as a table decoration and was really pleased with the way it added to the decor. What you don't see at the table are the other small pirate sets that took my mom and I two days and several hours to put together. Not because they were hard, but because my brother has three giant tubs of Legos that we had to dig through in order to find all the pieces.
The cake (I'm super proud of this one, btw)
Aidan and a couple of his friends from school.
Our first game was Blind Man's Bluff. I drew up a pirate treasure map and printed off some X's, and the kids had to mark the buried treasure with an X while blindfolded.
Next we went outside and completed a relay race. The kids started out by "walking the plank" across a board.
Then they "swabbed the deck" by pushing balls with a broom to the fence.
After the relay race was the treasure hunt. I hid 6 clues around the house that the kids had to find and decipher.
And they reached their final destination to the sand box that was filled with necklaces, chocolate gold coins, ring pops, and pirate pop guns.
I just love this picture of Pirate Quinn
Then we came inside for cake, ice cream, root beers, and presents!
Overall, I think it was a pretty fun party, and I've only heard positive feedback so far, so that's always a plus!
Later that evening, we went out for Aidan's birthday dinner with my parents.
Aidan,
You are a true joy to have as a son. I have been blessed with 6 incredible years with year and hope for many, many more to come. You are an intelligent, active, beautiful child and I love you with all my heart.
Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment