Thursday, December 20, 2012

Babies, trees, and lost teeth

We've been keeping busy this December. Aidan and I started out the month by driving to visit my sister and meet this precious guy. My newest nephew, Baird.

We came home and decorated the Christmas tree. We also received our second foster baby that weekend. An 8 month old baby girl. Unfortunately (and fortunately) she returned home after only 5 days with us.

Quinn saw Santa Claus at school. Funny story, Quinn was following me back to my classroom before school as I was carrying centers to set up for the day, and when I turned around, he was gone. When I came back out to find him, he was sitting in Santa's lap all by himself. He was so excited about Santa that he didn't want to wait for his class to go.

Aidan lost his first tooth. We had gone to the dentist that Monday and I was told his two bottom teeth were loose, but he wouldn't lose them probably until closer to his birthday in January. The tooth fell out the following Thursday as he was eating dinner.

We decorated gingerbread houses. The boys love doing this every year. More for the candy eating than the house decorating, I'm sure.

Yesterday, Quinn and I had our Christmas parties at school and Aidan's is today, so I'm heading up to his school here in a bit to celebrate with him. Tomorrow is the last school day of 2012 and then Christmas will really almost be here. The boys are ecstatic!

No comments: