My poor blog has been neglected for almost a month now. A lot has happened in the month of July and these first few days of August, I just haven't really felt like sitting down to write it all out. For one, I turned 30. I'm still iffy on how I feel about this. I've never wanted to be 30, and I will admit there were some tears on this day, but others tell me I will actually enjoy my 30s, so we shall see. (I would post pictures of that day, but they are all on my parents' camera, and I'm still waiting to receive them. hint, hint.)
Aidan attended a week long bug camp at the Dallas Arboretum. He loved it. I hated the drive. I got a glimpse into what life will be like dropping him off and picking him up from Kindergarten every day. At least it won't take me half an hour to get to his school. I think I've convinced Josh to take him to school too, so that will help only having to go once a day. It's not completely out of Josh's way to work, so it makes sense to me. :)
I will be going back to work part time in September, and I started some trainings this month. I'll be teaching 3 year olds at my church's Mother's Day Out program on Mondays and Wednesdays. Quinn will be able to go with me and attend the 2 year old class, so it's a perfect fit for us!
We also became officially licensed as foster parents. We had our first experience with foster care last weekend when we provided respite care for another foster family while they went out of town with their 2 week old baby girl. It was a good, fun introduction to foster parenting. The boys loved her and were sad to see her go, but I was really grateful to have the opportunity to discuss with Aidan that God knows who our baby girl is and is looking out for her, so all we have to do when we get sad and impatient is pray that God will keep her safe and give us patience until she arrives at our door.
Having baby girl for a short while confirmed that buying a bigger car was indeed necessary if we're going to do this foster care thing. Josh says getting three carseats into our car was a lot like playing tetris. Every single carseat had to come out and be replaced with a smaller version (which we luckily had as extra back ups) and rearranged. Even then, it appeared as if Quinn was leaning to the side when you looked in the back seat. So, on Tuesday we purchased a 2007 Honda Odyssey. So far I'm really happy with it.
I've often heard that God has a funny sense of humor. This statement became truth for us when Wednesday (one day after bringing home the minivan), I got a call for a sibling set and CPS decided to place them in our home. We currently have a 1 year old little lady in our home, and we're praying that her 2 month old brother will be able to join us soon. Quinn and Little Lady are only 9 months apart. That has certainly been interesting as there as been a lot of jealousy over my time and toys. Little Lady has become attached to me, and for that I'm glad that she can find security in me as her world has been turned upside down, but my poor Quinny does not like it at all. I'm hoping time will allow them both to adjust well to one another. I also think I may need to leave Lady home with Josh and take Quinn out by myself sometime soon. Don't get me wrong - it's not all bad. They do play well together at times; it's just hard when they both want me at the same time because they don't want to share. It hasn't seemed to faze Aidan at all. He accepted her presence as if she has always been here.
On Thursday, one of my closest friends began her journey to move her family to Australia for a ministry opportunity. Her son is Aidan's best friend, so it's been a sad few days realizing they are gone. She was one of the people that helped pull me from my depression following Levi's death. For that, I will be eternally grateful to her. Susan, I love you dearly and you are already missed!
No comments:
Post a Comment