Both Aidan and Quinn had swim lessons everyday this week. I'm happy to announce that Aidan is quite the proficient swimmer this year. He managed to swim the entire length of the pool by the end of the week. Quinn wasn't such a big fan of swim lessons however. After a full hour of crying in the pool one day, I wore my swim suit and helped out the rest of the time. He did learn to kick his legs and reach for the side or step, as well as how to hold on to a boogie board while floating around the pool. What more can you expect from a 20 month old?
A couple of afternoons we practiced those swimming skills at Hawiian Falls. I'm finding that going after nap time for the last couple of hours that they are open suits me just fine. We may visit at that time of the day a lot this summer. We'll get in some morning swimming as well, I'm sure.
On Thursday, our swim lessons were rained out, so we met our swim lesson friends at Chick-fil-a for a lunch playdate. Afterwards, I dropped the boys off at my parents' house so I could go to a doctor's appointment. On my way out the door heading to the car, a hornet stung me on the back of my arm. Talk about a painful sting!! I screamed and ran back in the house. My mom put a raw onion on it (she said she had just read that it takes some of the sting out). I did ask the doctor about it when I finally got there, but he said Benadryl and Advil/Tylenol are about the only things you can do for it. By the time I got back to pick up the boys, my brother-in-law had sprayed the nest (it was above the front door) and there were at least 8 dead hornets on the ground. Those suckers are mean! My arm swelled up, turned red and splotchy, and ached for the entire evening. Not fun. At least I got a free dinner out of the ordeal. Thanks, Mom. :)
Aidan's ants arrived in the mail this week. He has been loving every minute of watching them dig tunnels. More on this in a later post.
Quinn (and Aidan) watched a bit of Elmo. He's a big fan these days.
We had a busy day today. We started out by going to Bounce Town for a birthday party. It was super hero themed. Aidan was a fan.
After the party, we stopped by to pick up my basket of produce from the co-op I'm a part of. However, the truck was running late, so we had to wait about an hour before we could head home. Luckily for the boys, since pick up is at an elementary school they got to play on the playground for that hour. We then went home and laid down for naps/rest time. At 4:00, we headed out yet again to meet some of Aidan's classmates for next year at the park next to their school. I was surprised a couple weeks ago to receive a letter from one of the parents wanting to get the kids together to meet over the summer. This was the first of a few playdates they plan to have this summer. Finally, we went to church. Needless to say, all of us were exhausted when we got home.
The not so fun part of my night started around 10 when I heard Quinn crying. Quinn often cries out at night for a bit and then goes back to sleep. This time, however, he was not going back to sleep. I went in his room in order to soothe him only to smell vomit the minute I opened the door. My poor baby was covered in it from head to toe. I bathed him, put him in new pajamas, took his temperature (none), and was putting new sheets on his bed when he vomited again. On the carpet and down his clean pajamas. I might have broken down and called my mom at this point waking her up. I was (am) exhausted, Josh isn't home, and I've been lucky enough to have this be my first time in dealing with a vomiting child. I didn't know what to do.
After cleaning him up for the second time, we rocked for a bit. He sucked his fingers. He's now sound asleep again, and it's time for me to join him.
1 comment:
Oh Amy. How horrid about the hornet's sting. I hope your arm is feeling better now.
And poor Quinn - it's so awful when they're so little and so poorly. How tough for you that it happened when Josh was away (isn't it always the way). Hope he's all better now and that you're all enjoying having daddy back.
Post a Comment