Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tidbits

The kids have been sick a lot lately. Pink eye, RSV (we think), colds, ear infections, an eye infection, sinus congestion, and coughing have all entered our home. Eye drops, antibiotics, cough drops, breathing treatments, saline nose spray, and cough medicine have also entered our home. Aidan had finally gotten over everything, but Quinn was still frequenting the pediatrician's office, so we made a decision and today he underwent surgery to place tubes in his ears and remove his adenoids in hopes of diminishing his ear infections and sinus issues. Everything went well with the surgery, and aside from quite a bit of fussiness, which we fully expected, his recovery is going well so far. We'll see what I have to say after the first night though. :)

Aidan has been working on memory verses at church. He's incredibly motivated to learn them because he gets a free donut from the cafe if he can recite his verse for them. This video was taken several weeks ago, but I'm just now getting around to sharing it. My favorite part is the mask he's wearing. It was his prize from the treasure box at preschool for doing his homework that week.

I signed Aidan up to take the test for the gifted and talented program for Kindergarten next year. I'm proud to say he made it through the first round of tests and completed his second and final round last week. I won't know any more until they mail out letters on March 26.

I'm sure there's more to share, but I'm exhausted from my day and can't think of much else at the moment. I'm heading to bed and I'll be back to share more when I'm refreshed. :)

1 comment:

Fireflyforever said...

Hoping both little guys stay well and that Quinn recovers quickly from his surgery.