Monday, August 22, 2011

August Updates

August is flying by. We've been staying busy in this 100 degree Texas heat by living at the water park. We've only missed a day or two of swimming in the last 2 weeks. Aidan has loved every bit of it, and is now swimming like a pro compared to the beginning of the summer, which was not at all. But alas, it is time to slow down as the water park has now closed for the summer and Aidan starts up his last year of preschool next week. Here are just a few picture updates of what we've been up to besides swimming this month.

Mr. Quinn is constantly pulling up on the couch, the recliner, the hearth, the entertainment center, my legs, or whatever else happens to be within his reach. He's not quite cruising yet, but he is taking a few steps while holding on.


 Aidan claims he no longer needs naps, but then we find him like this.

 A few weeks ago Aidan looked like this.

 Now he looks like this. He specifically requested a "spiky haircut", so I obliged. He loves it. I think it's adorable, but sometimes I want to cry when I look at him. His new haircut makes him look so much older. He's no longer my baby boy.

 Quinn doesn't like anyone to feed him anymore. He's decided he can do it all on his own. Then we have to clean him. He doesn't like that much either.

 This is Quinn's favorite sitting position. If he's not standing up against something, he's sitting like this. I've tried this position. It's not that comfortable.

These are my loves. I love that my loves love one another so dearly.

1 comment:

Fireflyforever said...

Such beautiful, beautiful boys. I know what you mean about the haircuts - I love the spiky look that Aidan has chosen but he does look so grown up and us mamas, we miss our babies as they grow.