Monday, July 12, 2010

Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. I awoke to, "Happy Birthday, Mommy, it's time to get up!" A few minutes later, I heard, "Daddy, Mommy's not waking up." What can I say? I like my sleep.

Josh presented me with this handmade card and the first season of Glee on DVD. After church, we headed out for donuts and then to 7-11 for free slurpees.


Later in the afternoon, after Aidan's nap, we went to my parents' house where my mom had prepared ribs, baked beans, and a salad for dinner along with a pina coloda birthday cake.

Aidan never fails to help out whoevers birthday it is to blow out their birthday candles.


After the cake, my mom gave me a Chi hair straightener, which I am very excited about trying out here in a few minutes this morning. I've wanted one of those since February when I first tried one.

Overall, it was a great day spent with my family.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Happy Birthday Amy!! I know you are going to love your Chi straightener. Russell got me one a few Christmases ago and I LOVE it- one of the best presents I've ever got it. And you cant go wrong with Glee!!!

Fireflyforever said...

Happy birthday - sounds like you had a great day.