Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Miracle Turns 3

Levi has changed my perspective on a lot of things in life. The most profound, I believe, is that the conception and birth of a new baby is truly a miracle. One that I took for granted until I lost Levi.

Today, I am looking back on the circumstances surrounding Aidan's birth, and realizing how lucky I was. I was put in the hospital on bed rest 2 days before he was actually born because I had developed toxemia. I had no idea what that really meant. I knew my mom had it with me, and both she and I survived, so as far as I was concerned, Aidan and I would too. I was angry because after he was born, the nurses took him from me to check his blood sugar because I'm diabetic. I didn't hold him in my arms for the first 4 hours of his life. I bawled because my doctor made me stay in the hospital for 7 days due to the fact that my blood pressure wasn't returning to normal on its own. All I wanted to do was go home with my new baby. Looking back, I realize how naive I truly was. Any one of those things could have meant fatality for Aidan or even myself.

Aidan is my miracle, and today he turns 3. Happy Birthday, little man. I love you so, so much. You bring laughter and smiles into my life. You provide comfort to this hurting mommy's heart. I cannot believe you are 3 today. You are growing up faster that I ever imagined possible, and astounding me with every new milestone you achieve.


January 2007


January 2008


January 2009
January 2010
Isn't it amazing how much difference a single year can make? You have grown up so much in 3 short years. I'm proud to call you my son, and I thank God daily for giving me the opportunity to be your mother.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAWWWW!!!! It made me so sad when Luke turned 3. I can't say he's a baby anymore! your little guy is adorable and Happy Birthday to HIM!!!!!!!!!!
Thinking about you! :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

He is so adorable. Happy Birthday Aidan! My son turns 31 tomorrow.
Hold on tight, it goes by quickly.

Lily Dawn said...

How Sweet! (my boys have those same superman pjs =) I just happened upon your blog for the 1st time... we have similar stories, i have been tearing up the whole time reading yours.

It is amazing how much u take for granted before you lose a child... My other children have been such a blessing through the pain.

Prayers and hugs, Lily