
He's so precious sleeping in his big boy bed. However, it is quickly losing it's appeal. I'm starting to want the crib back. A couple weeks ago, he started fighting me on naptime. On one day, I spent 2 hours putting him back to bed because he kept getting up. I finally gave up thinking, "At least he got some quiet time," since all he was really doing was sitting in his room reading books. I regretted it that evening though. I had the crankiest 2 year old ever on my hands. After dinner, I found him asleep on his bedroom floor due to his utter exhaustion. This battle ensued for a few days before he finally realized that Mommy was not giving in and started taking naps again.When we first moved him to this bed, he would still sleep in until 8 or 8:30. Part of that, I believe, was due to his broken collarbone though. It was too painful for him to push himself up off the bed. Once his collarbone started healing, he began coming into our room around 7:30 or 7:15. Not so bad either. We (or rather Josh) could handle this. Josh gets up around 7:30 for work anyway, so he got up with Aidan, changed his diaper, fed him breakfast, then woke me up before he left for work. Not a bad routine.
Tuesday morning of this week, I awoke to what I thought was the cat nudging against my shoulder, so in my sleep, I pushed him off only to discover it was my son, not my cat. I checked the clock. It was 6:52 am. A little early. I put him in bed with us. Wednesday morning, I woke at 6:27 am to Aidan leaning against my back. Neither Josh or I know how he got there. He had to have climbed over one of us to get in between us. We laid him down with us again. Thursday morning, Aidan started climbing over me at 5:48 am. Are you noticing a trend yet? It seems to get earlier by approximately 30 minutes everyday. This time, we put him back in his bed. Josh put him back 3 times to be exact before he got up for good at 7:00. This morning (Friday), he was in our room at 5:42 am. He tried climbing over Josh first. Josh put him back to bed. Next he tried me. I ignored him and Josh put him back to bed. He came back to me again. I put him back to bed. At this time, it was 6:30. I unplugged his night light hoping the darkness would encourage him to sleep. I don't know if it did, but the next I heard him, he was up with Josh.
I am not enjoying Aidan's new found independence in the early mornings. He really needs to go back to the sleep schedule he had in his crib. Oh, how I miss that crib.
2 comments:
Hmmm, sounds similar to my oldest daughter at one time
His dad was sneaky at this age. He would come into our room and curl up on the comforter at the foot of the bed to avoid being taken back to his room.
Post a Comment