Tuesday, November 22, 2011

First Pinterest Project

I've become addicted to Pinterest. When it first came out, I thought the idea behind it was silly. But now, I'm addicted. I have to force myself to take breaks from it because it is a time suck. One of the other things that I am now forcing myself to do is to actually complete some of the items that I pin. What's the point of the whole thing if I never use any of the ideas I find? So, for my first project, I made shadow boxes to display an item from each of my children's infancy.


I kind of love them.

*Please ignore the blurriness. I took these without flash in order to avoid a glare on the glass, but I couldn't quite hold the camera still enough to get a perfectly clear picture.*
This is Aidan's box. The sweater outfit in his box was my absolute favorite newborn item of his. My sister gave it to me. It is made of wool, and my wonderful husband put it in the dryer while trying to help me with laundry. I was devastated. I have never been able to bring myself to throw it out even though I knew I would never be able to use it again. I am now thankful I never threw it out because now I have a way to display it.


Levi's box. This is probably my favorite simply because I don't have much that belonged to Levi. In his box, you find the hospital hat he wore and a small crocheted blanket given to me by the hospital. Both of these items I have held on to never knowing what to do with them, but not ever considering throwing them out as they are all I have of him, besides his quilt and pictures. Now they are on display rather than sitting in a box in my closet.


And finally, Quinn. This is the outfit he came home from the hospital in. My mom bought it for him and held on to it until he safely arrived in my arms. She then cut off the tags, washed it, and brought it to the hospital. I did not want anyone to buy anything for Quinn until he was born alive. If I was given something, I didn't dare take the tags off.

So, there you have it. My darling, beautiful, baby boys displayed in blue, yellow, and green boxes. One day I hope to add a pink. ;)

1 comment:

Fireflyforever said...

Yes, I really should try and "do" something with my "Pinterest" stuff. I just like making pretty patterns, really! These are fabulous - what a wonderful way to commemorate special things for each of your boys - love it!