Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Birthday Boy

Today is Aidan's 4th birthday. My firstborn is growing up way too fast right before my very eyes, and I can do nothing to stop the time. I'm still wondering what happened to his first year of life, and now I'm facing his 4th year. We celebrated this past Saturday with family and a handful of Aidan's closest friends in our home with a Star Wars party. 

 Aidan requested an R2-D2 cake, and I delivered despite the fact that at 9pm Friday night I was panicking because the cake was not coming together as I imagined. However, I improvised and Aidan was rather pleased with the outcome I produced.

All the kids received light sabers and Jedi costumes as party favors, and Josh lead them through a series of Jedi training games. At the end of the light saber training, my brother came out dressed as Darth Vader. Josh fought him first and then each of the kids had the opportunity to fight and defeat Darth Vader.


Tonight, Josh and I will give Aidan his gifts from us and then take him out for birthday ice cream after dinner.

Happy Birthday, Aidan. Thank you for giving me the gift of motherhood. I have absolutely loved every minute of it.

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Happy Birthday Aidan. Looks like he had a fun birthday party.